Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Norwegian Election

It's over. And done with. Finally. And with a good result, if you ask me. The Norwegian election ended tonight, and I must say that it was interesting to watch it all from thye other side of the world, through websites instead of TV. I did vote myself, before I left the country in August (for the 1st time, as a matter of fact), and thankfully the party I voted for, and the prime minister I was hoping for, won the election.

It needs to be said that Norway's had a terrible prime minister the past two electoral terms, and that change was overdue. That feeling was probably what made the election for the sitting PM's counter candidate, and hopefully Norway will turn in a better direction in the four years to come. And hopefully it will stay out of EU. Identity is an important trait to keep, and to mainstream a country doesn't always work towards its purpose.

(Photo borrowed from www.vg.no.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home