Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Day of Academic Disaster

The day started normally, well, as normal as you can expect from someone who lives on the opposite side of the world from his real home. I woke up, ate breakfast, and then; a wonderful idea: ditching to finish memorizing all the bones in the appendicular skeleton, and to be prepared to take the quiz in 2. hour.

I ditched first hour, I thought, but when I was checked in at 8:16 I knew I was too early for second hour. Off to Drama class with Mr. Seely (and yes; the name Sealy does him more justice). Drama. Important, but not fun. I had to do a improvised skit with a silent, feisty girl named CeCe. Very entertaining.

2. hour was what the whole thing was about. We were supposed to line up outside Mr. Williams' room, just like yesterday, and wait for him to call us in. Then we'd go in, sit down at one of the 4 stations, and we'd have 2 minutes to name 8 bones or parts of bones (for those not great in math: 15 seconds on each).

Today was special. I entered the room, and discovered that I'd forgotten to bring a pen, right when the teacher said "begin".
My two minutes were ticking. Mr. Williams threw me a pen, but I dropped it and it ended up under one of his aquariums. The second pen he threw I managed to catch, and I ran to the first station. I had named the 5 first bones when the teacher exclaimed "Stop. Change [stations]. Begin". I was panicing.

I made it through the quiz somehow, but after being thrown out of wack in the first 2 minutes, the ramining stations were compromised by trying to remember and name whatever I missed, and I'm pretty sure I didn't do well. The trials of Bio II could've discouraged me, if I didn't have only 6 more days of school...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home