Friday, September 16, 2005

Music and TV - Therapy

I recovered in a couple of hours from my little ranting depression, due to a phenomena I actually already knew of, but hadn't really tested the extent of until then. Walking over to the commons building on campus, head pathetically drooping, I suddenly caught the sound of music playing. Loud, too. I looked up, and there was actually a band, "Chasing Elvis" performing right in front of the commons. And if that wasn't enough, they started out playing one of my favorite songs (or at least by one of my favorite artists), the song "I Don't Wanna Be". Within a few minutes of listening (and silently singing along to the catchy song that I've heard so many times I know it by heart, I immediately felt upbeat again. I grabbed a homework book, and immediately started spending my newfound energy and happiness on something worthwhile. Just like a commerical for Swiffer or whatever - just apply your remedy, wait a few minutes, and your mood will be as brand new! (Cue cheesy background music.)

I signed up for a trip to Chicago today. And we (the Norwegian conspiracy) are planning a trip to NY on October 21, this time for 5 days. Those are all good things to look forward to. I have a few pictures I'd like to upload, but I'm beginning to think nobody really cares if I do or not anymore, there's never as much as a comment here, so I'm thinking it might not be worth the hassle. After all, I could just keep them on my computer if I was the only one who wanted to see them...

Well, I'm off to some international student dinner thing, but I'll be back here later. I've been to a couple of movies recently that I want to write about, and as I said I'm considering if the pictures should maybe stay where they are, or not. Anyways, that's all later. I'm off (to space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its 5-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before). Anyways, bye.

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I read your blog. So I demand images! Even *I* have put up a blog, and have posted some pictures there... Not that my life is thrilling, but... meh... If you should want to read about my boring life, you can find the link on my website :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home