Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Just Chillaxin'

To chillax is, by my standards, a verb. But it doesn't appear in any dictionary, which probably makes it the most descriptive fictional word in my vocabulary. Fictional because it isn't officially recognized as a word, but then again, who cares about the official linguistic standards? I'm my own English standard.
Chillax, verb; To relieve from tension or strain, to kick back and relax while also chilling out, at a friend's place, at home, or in any situation that calls for the level of 'kicked-back'edness this word commands. Ex.: "He chillaxed with his friends this Saturday". "Peter chillaxes with music once in a while".
Anyways. That was technically just a sidenote, not really significant in the way that you probably think I thunk it was (yeah, I know "thunk" isn't an actual conjugation of the verb "to think", but bare with me as I try to adjust to college life here. People don't really know what grammatically correct means).

The food here is starting to turn me off. It's okay, I guess, but it really isn't very tasty, I mean, the pasta's overcooked, they have some kind of pasta dish every day, the salad bar isn't exactly so much a bar as just salad, and their soups tend to always involve some kind of celery (which, BTW, is evil and should be avoided at all costs). The daily menu for both breakfast, lunch and dinner generally consists of 3 lines of food (three actual lines which we can choose to stand in for the different selection), whereas one is always hamburgers and/or hotdogs and chickenburgers, one is generally pasta or something with mashed potatoes, and the third has until now tended to be Mexican. I don't mind the Mexican, it reminds me of dear, old Arizona, but they don't really prepare it correctly. The beef's all icky and not well enough cooked, and their salsa has no flavor but the onion the put in it. Interesting. For dessert there's a wide (American wide) selection of cookies and cakes (all of the kind "Oh, sugar glued together by melted sugar, rolled in some kind of unidentifiable fat and sprinkled with sugar!") and, of course, three kinds of ice cream. I don't think this is helping my diet very much. I need El Cupido's (see this page to understand por que)!

I have had a hectic week. After my little rant of self criticism last week, I have tried to see if I am actually able to take school as seriously as it should be taken. It worked to some extent, I got my first chem exam results back (a depressing 89%, 1 single percent away from an A. The class average was 62%), and I had one major biology exam (which went a little mhmmm, but anyways), and I turned in my Philosophy take-home exam today (which I sat up 'til 2:15am writing, even after getting a two day extension). Now I hate St. Augustine (see SparkNotes, my good studying friend), and I also think I hate reading. Not many books have that power, but this guy St. Augustine possessed it, obviously. I also put one of my newer skills to work while studying for my bio exam on Tuesday, the "zoning out and focusing" my friend Julie taught my a few years ago. It came to good use in the middle of my roommate's Seinfeld episode and the open door out into the hallway where 4-5 guys were doing karaoke...

I went to a movie this weekend. "40-year Old Virgin" was a bit crude, but hey; I can handle it. It was pretty funny, I laughed a lot, and I think I'd give it like a 7 on the scale from 1 to 10.

[For those who haven't seen any of Lost season 2 yet, this would be a spoiler. So if you don't want me to uncover or infer things you haven't seen yet, stop reading here.] I also watched the second Lost episode of the season yesterday, and all I can say is that TV over here has waaaaaay too many commercial breaks (all lasting like 5 minutes each), which annoys the heck out of me. The episode itself was basically identical to last week's one, only that the storyline is perceived by other main characters this time. It was, as far as I can see, the "calm before the storm", nothing really happened that didn't happen in last week's episode, it just expounded on the already established incidents, and probably gearing up for next weeks episode, which I project to be PHENOMENAL! We'll finally get to see the other bunch of people on the island, whoever (whatever?) they are, and also how things are taking a turn down in the hatch, where mysterious Desmond and Jack are locked in a gun pointing situation, with Locke as a hostage. Anyways, the next one can't be missed for anything in the world, and is called Orientation.

I'm wondering if I am going to take pictures of anything in particular nowadays, like my school day and dining hall or the new room decoration? I just don't know if this is interesting, so I ask whoever's reading this frequently enough to care to comment on the suggestion.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually think it is verb, your dictionary is just not updated! Just download the newest update and everything will be fine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home