Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Lights, Camera, Action!

Have you ever thought about how sweet life would be if only you had the power to direct it like a movie director? I have, and it would be so much better than this periodic crap. I am not saying I'd want to write the script or anything, that'd take away the spontaneity I love about life, but the power to manage certain situations a little better would be great. My brother wants a tattoo nowadays, and that's when I'd go "Yes, that's good, but try it again and this time you feel like tattoos are a bad idea. Action!" Or say my professor in bio was an arrogant, cranky man-bitch, just hypothetically of course, and that's when I'd exclaim, in the middle of his spiteful conversations, "Aaaaand CUT. This isn't working out. Could we get the professor's stand-in out here? And, stand-in, your motivation is that you love me as a student and appreciate all my efforts to do well in your class. Aaand ACTION!"

That would improve my days significantly. A normal day includes so many situations where I'm just going along, doing my thing, and then suddenly life jumps up and bitch-slaps me in the face. Being able to say "stop, rewind, play it again, and this time I'll be prepared," would be fantastic. It's still my life, but most of the time I don't seem to have any control over the direction of it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home