Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Snowflake Has Many Sides

Ugh. Welcome Jack Frost. Nice to meet you. What made you come to Sioux Falls? Oh, you live here, huh? I forgot.

Solberg HallPeering out the window before Philosophy class this morning (actually like 20 minutes ago), a white blanket of flurry, soft snow covered the ground, leaving a distinct feeling in me that I had to officially announce the opening of the South Dakotan winter. It did, like this state is known for, never stop either, and I have the impression this snow is going to keep getting renewed throughout the day. But, as is also true about the Midwest weather, tomorrow could even be another one more of those warm t-shirt days, as just last week, rendering us inclined to wear light layers and then, preferably t-shirts. I feel a slight sniffling coming on, I don't know if this is because of my frequent tendency towards the aforementioned light layers, but sick I cannot get. I will succumb to majority's urge to put on heavier layers, maybe even wear my stocking cap once in a while (note: this is the English word for "lue", one of the new additions to my English since I came here).

The Snow Covered CampusPhilosophy class was cancelled today, the professor was ill, he reported on a note on the door and in an e-mail, and he will serve as a warning of what's to come. I better reserve myself against sleeping in when I should be going to classes, because soon, I just might need that time for some real recuperating.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stocking cap huh? Then I've learnt something new today as well! Hehe... Yeah, I need to get me one of those myself soon. There's no snow here yet, but there was one snow day not too long ago, ... But now it's just windy and.. cold... brrrr...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home